Thank you for visiting a Lion website.
This Policy applies to Lion – Beer, Spirits & Wine Pty Limited, Lion Pty Ltd and its related companies (“Lion”, “we”, “us” or “our”), and describes the way that Lion collects, holds and discloses personal data about individuals. This Policy forms part of our Terms and Conditions for use of this website and other websites operated by us, which you should also read.
Our approach in relation to our websites and in relation to calls received by our Consumer Enquiries line is also covered by this Policy.
2. Why does Lion collect my personal data?
Lion collects and holds your personal data to allow it to perform its business functions. For example, Lion may collect your personal data to:
- inform and enable you to participate in Lion’s upcoming events, special promotions and offers, discounts and other matters which Lion considers may be of interest to you;
- process your purchase orders or provide you with Lion’s goods or services you have requested;
- conduct research (including but not limited to client surveys) concerning Lion’s current and future products or services;
- administer, review and optimise the performance of Lion’s distribution network (including allocating customers to distributors / franchise owners) and improve the effectiveness of any software used by the distribution network;
- improve the operation or navigation of Lion’s website; and
- allow Lion to market its current and future products and services to you.
Lion may also use your personal data for other purposes which are related to those listed above and which will be made clear to you at the time Lion collects that information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
Lion intends to use your personal data for direct marketing. We may not use your personal data unless we have received your consent. If Lion uses your personal data for direct marketing purposes, all correspondence sent to you by Lion will give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving any further direct marketing correspondence.
Please note that:
- your name, address, phone number, email address, other contact details, products and services portfolio information and demographic data held by us from time to time may be used by us in direct marketing;
- you consent is also given to Lion’s associated entities, which are also food & beverage service providers for use in direct marketing; and
- we will market the following products and/or services to you:
- o food and beverage products (such as venue food, menu specials and dairy products);
- o brand merchandise (such as clothing, glassware and accessories); and/or
- o venue experiences and events (such as beer schools and food and beverage tastings).
If we use your personal data in any direct marketing communications, you have the right to request that we provide you with the source of that personal data. There is no fee for requesting this information. Unless it is impracticable or unreasonable to do so, we will provide you with the source of the personal data.
3. What personal data does Lion hold?
The types of personal data Lion collects will depend on the nature of your dealings with Lion and may (but does not always) include:
- personal data (such as your name, phone number and postal addresses);
- basic information (such as your gender and date of birth);
- contact details (such as fax number and email address);
- information about your company and representatives (such as your business name, authorised representative name(s) and their contact details (including their phone number, fax number, email address, etc);
- your product preferences and purchase history;
- any information about you which you provide through promotions, competitions or customer surveys;
- any information that is included in your online purchase form submitted to us; and/or
- payment details such as credit card number.
If necessary, Lion may also ask you to provide it with additional personal information from time to time, including when you call our Consumer Enquiries line.
4. What if you don’t provide Lion the personal data it requires?
Please note that it is mandatory for you to provide personal data Lion reasonably requires (especially those marked with asterisks in the Online Purchase Form).
If you can’t, or won’t, provide Lion with the personal data it reasonably requires, Lion may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested.
5. How does Lion collect my personal data?
During the course of our business, we may collect personal data about you in a variety of ways. In most cases, Lion will collect personal data directly from you. Such collection generally occurs when you:
- request information from, or have dealings directly with Lion or one of its related companies;
- participate in a competition or trade promotion conducted by Lion or one of its related companies;
- participate in a survey conducted by Lion or one of its related companies;
- purchase tickets or merchandise from a website operated by Lion or one of its related companies;
- access or request information from Lion’s website or the website of one of its related companies; or
- call Lion’s customer service call centre for enquiries.
In some circumstances however, Lion may also collect your personal data from other entities covered by this Policy or third parties (including Lion distributors or franchise owners), but where it does so, it will ensure that it acts in accordance with relevant privacy laws and this Policy.
Lion will take such steps that are reasonable to ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which it collects your personal data. Such notification may be from a Lion distributor or franchise owner where your data is collected (for disclosure to, or on behalf of, Lion) by such an entity.
6. Lion Consumer Enquiries Privacy Statement
Calls to Lion Consumer Enquiries (“Calls”) may be recorded for quality, training and verification purposes. Even if your Call is not recorded, in addition to the information set out in the rest of this Policy, Lion Consumer Enquiries may collect personal data that you provide during the Calls. In relation to personal data provided during the Calls, Lion collects, uses and discloses personal data in the following ways:
- Customer Service: Lion will use the personal data you provide during Calls to assist in answering your query or addressing your complaint. This may include using information you provide to contact you following the Call in response to your query or complaint.
- Quality: If your query or complaint relates to the quality of products or services provided by a Lion stockist or distributor then the personal data may be used to address that issue with the stockist or distributor in question. Generally, it will not be necessary to identify you when the complaint is raised with the stockist and distributor. If it is necessary, we will seek your consent first.
- Training: Lion may use the recording of the telephone conversation for internal training purposes.
- Verification: If you have a complaint in relation to the quality of Lion products then Lion may retain the recording of the telephone conversation for verification purposes. Lion may also disclose the recording to third parties, including its professional advisors, in order to address the complaint or any action you may take in relation to the complaint.
7. Will Lion give your personal data to anyone else?
In providing you the information, goods or services you request, Lion may disclose your personal data to:
- Lion’s related companies (including but not limited to the related companies selling food and beverages, such as dairy products);
- Lion distributors/franchise owners;
- Lion’s consultants, contractors, agents, service providers (who provide administrative, compliance, telecommunications, computer, other technological, payment, screening, data processing, printing, storage services), promotions agencies, advertising agencies, legal and accounting services, credit reporting, mail-house, transport, prize providers, marketing and data analysis; and/or
- any proposed or actual buyer, assignee, transferee or successor of all or any part of Lion’s operations or business,
If Lion provides your personal data to a Transferee, Lion generally requires the Transferee to protect your personal data in the same way Lion does.
For the purposes set out under section 2 of this Policy, we may transfer, disclose other otherwise make available your personal data to persons set out in this section 7 situated in overseas countries, which may include (but are not limited to) Australia, New Zealand, the United States of America, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and the People’s Republic of China, where there may not be in place data protection laws which are substantially similar to, or serve the same purposes as, the Ordinance. That means your personal data may not be protected to the same or similar level in Hong Kong.
Lion may also disclose your personal data to other third parties where it is required or permitted to under any applicable law.
8. Is my personal data secure?
Lion takes reasonable steps to ensure:
- personal data it holds about you is protected from risks such as misuse, interference, accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, destruction, processing, modification or disclosure;
- personal data held by us or any Transferee are not kept longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose and any directly related purpose for which the data are collected (unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the data); and
- Transferees comply with the requirements of the Ordinance.
Lion cannot ensure the security and confidentiality of internet communications, which may not be secured by encryption. As a result, any personal data you send to Lion over the Internet (including via email) is sent at your own risk.
9. Your rights of access and correction
The accuracy of your personal data is important. Lion takes reasonable steps to ensure personal data it holds about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. You may do the following in respect of your personal data:
- ascertain whether Lion holds personal data about you;
- access your personal data;
- require Lion to correct your personal data which is inaccurate; and/or
- find out Lion’s policies and practices in relation to your personal data.
If you wish to request access to and/or correct your personal data held by us (“Request”), please contact our data protection officer on 1800 677 852 or email@example.com.
While Lion will take reasonable steps to comply with your Request, we may deny your Request in some circumstances and if it does so, will provide you with written reasons for that denial.
While there is no fee for requesting access to the personal information Lion holds about you, Lion reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the preparation and provision of that information to you in accordance with the Ordinance.
Even if you don’t submit such a Request, if we are satisfied that, having regard to the reasons for which we hold your personal data, that personal data is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading, we may take reasonable steps to correct that information.
10. Changes to this Policy
Lion reserves the right to change this Policy from time to time. If Lion changes this Policy, it will post a copy of the updated policy on this website. Please check Lion website periodically for changes. Subject to applicable law, your continued use of this website or interactions with Lion or a distributor or franchise owner following that posting will constitute your acceptance of the terms of the updated policy.
11. How do I obtain more information or lodge a privacy complaint?
- require further information regarding this Policy or any other steps Lion has taken to protect your personal data or privacy;
- have any concerns or a complaint regarding Lion’s privacy practices or its management of your personal data; or
- consider that we have breached the relevant privacy laws applicable to us,
please contact our data protection officer on 1800 677 852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We acknowledge and take very seriously every privacy query and complaint that we receive. Lion will endeavour to respond to you within 20 business days.
If you’re not satisfied with how we have handled your matter, you may wish to contact the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data via the contact details listed at www.pcpd.org.hk.